Friday, October 9, 2015

#6 Progress

Rough cutting tunnel into fingerboard for drone string with rotary tool and small carbide bit.

The other side of the groove. Messy, but hidden. You can see the two carbon fibre strips in the centre here too. I've tried to sand them down a little so there is room for the walnut to contract later (it's quite damp in the shed and flat at the moment). You can also see that the headstock isn't planed flat yet - I did do it before the glue-up.

Cutting maple strips to fit under the fingerboard.

All the clamps.

Glued up and ready to shape, after a little more drying time. Straight as I could manage -hopefully I can make any correction needed during the shaping.

Hardware roughly fitted to rim.

No comments:

Post a Comment